Care kit (for oiled and smoked wood)
Care set includes
- 200 ml Guardian Wood Oil
- Soft sponge
- Lint-free cloth
- Abrasive sponge (grit 220)
- Carry out every-day cleaning using a hard-wrung cloth.
- Avoid the use of alcohol, petrol, ammonia, chlorine or other powerful cleaning agents.
- For difficult stains, we recommend washing the wood using Guardian Wood Cleaner.
- If the wood ”expands” (becomes rough), sand it lightly using fine sandpaper (grit 200-240) – never use steel wool!
- Always treat, clean or sand the wood along the grain of the wood.
- Avoid placing hot and damp objects on the wood, as this may cause staining.
- Avoid placing the furniture near powerful heat sources (wood stoves and radiators), as this may dry out the wood and cause small cracks.
- Never permanently cover wood with airtight materials (waxed fabric) for extended periods of time.
- When treating tabletops, treat both the top and bottom of the tabletop to minimise the risk of cracking and warping.
FOR OILED WOOD (INCLUDING SMOKED)
Wood is a durable material. It is easy to regularly maintain oiled wooden furniture is easy and, in the long term, it is very effective. The oil protects the wood from drying out and enhances the natural ability of the surface to resist dirt and grime. To achieve the optimum result, we recommend that you oil your furniture 3-4 times a year, or as needed when the wood seems dry and no longer repels water.
If the wood is dirty, we recommend cleaning the surface of the wood with Guardian Wood Cleaner before oiling it. Apply the oil in an even, thin layer with a soft sponge or a soft, lint-free cloth in along the grain of the wood. Remove any excess oil using a dry cloth. The oil is touch-dry after approximately 3 hours and dry after approximately 24 hours. If the surface of the wood appears very dry and absorbent, the treatment may be repeated.